25 Thanksgiving sweet potato recipes that will have your family and friends begging for more. Want a healthier side dish but tired of leafy greens? Sweet potatoes are a healthy source of vitamins and other nutrients that will liven up any fall meal.
What goes better with a Thanksgiving meal than starch? Starch gets a bad reputation, but in fact is a good source of energy. Sweet potatoes are the perfect starchy vegetable because they provide you with vitamins A and C, iron, calcium, and potassium.
Sweet potatoes are also great because there’s a variety of ways to serve them—including dessert! I’ve compiled a list of the best 25 Thanksgiving sweet potato recipes that are perfect for ordinary meals too!
Healthy Sweet Potato Recipes
Sweet potatoes are already a healthy vegetable but these recipes add even more health benefits to a meal and are full of flavor. These healthy sweet potato recipes are perfect for more than just the holidays because they make for healthy meals, sides and snacks!
- Grilled Rosemary Sweet Potatoes: Fire up the grill! Keep summer alive with this tasty side.
- Ham and Sweet Potato Scramble: Switch up your morning menu or try breakfast for dinner.
- Sweet Potato and Apple Quinoa Salad: Flavor-packed and vegetarian friendly!
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Walnuts and Pomegranate: Pair this healthy side with any meal.
- Spiced Sweet Potato Wedges: A healthy alternative to classic potato wedges.
- Sweet Potato Skins: Out of ideas for snacks or sides? Try this recipe!
Roasted Sweet Potato Recipes
Did you know that you can do more than fry or bake a sweet potato? Roasting is an easy and simple alternative because typically all you need to roast sweet potatoes are an oven, a baking sheet, and oil.
Try out these roasted sweet potato recipes that will make excellent sides for a Thanksgiving meal as well as make your mouth water!
- Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes: Try adding this delicious side to your Thanksgiving menu!
- Brown Sugar Roasted Sweet Potatoes: A quick and easy recipe that’s also sweet!
- Roasted Sweet Potato Tostadas: Itching for a finger food? This recipe is a great choice.
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad: Can be served warm, cold, or even room-temperature!
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Maple Butter: Simple yet flavorful.
Mashed Sweet Potato Recipes
Switch up a Thanksgiving classic with sweet potatoes! Check out these mashed sweet potato recipes that range from sweet to savory.
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes: A classic take on a classic recipe.
- Cinnamon Honey Butter Mashed Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes made sweeter!
- Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes: An easily-made side for the holidays.
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes: Simple and easy!
Simple Sweet Potato Recipes
Feeling overwhelmed with your Thanksgiving line-up? Here are some simple sweet potato recipes that are easy and can often be prepared the night before!
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi: Have fun and get your hands dirty with this recipe!
- Sweet Potato Fries: A must-have for sweet potato lovers.
- Honey-Lime Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos: Tacos that are easy and creative!
- Sweet Potato Sour Cream Cornbread: This recipe proves you can never go wrong with cornbread!
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Butter Pecan Crumble Topping: A sweet and crunchy casserole.
- Sweet Potato Beef Stew: Freezer-friendly stew recipe that makes for great leftovers.
Thanksgiving Sweet Potato Recipes for Desserts
There’s more than one vegetable that tastes good in a dessert so move over carrot cake, sweet potato pie is coming through! You’ve got to try these Thanksgiving sweet potato recipes for desserts!
- Sweet Potato Muffins Recipe: Made with mashed sweet potatoes. Yum!
- Gingersnap Sweet Potato Mousse with Homemade Marshmallow Fluff: Perfect for a sweet tooth.
- Homemade Sweet Potato Pie: Make sure to save room for this dessert!
- The Best Sweet Potato Pie: Easy to make and a favorite to eat!
Shop This Recipe
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the best Thanksgiving recipes on It Is a Keeper.