ThisOne Pot Chili Mac and Cheese is a quick and easy dinner idea that is perfect for busy weeknights. And, it only uses one pot, so you’re not left with a sink full of dirty dishes.
This post may contain affiliate links for products that I recommend, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission at no cost to you. You can read my full disclosure here.
If there was ever an ultimate comfort food One Pot Chili Macaroni and Cheese is it. Not only is it delicious and easy to make the whole thing cooks up in one pot. Those are the best kinds of dinners I think because washing the dishes is a breeze.
The first time I read this recipe I had my doubts about how good it would be. Honestly, it sounded a little weird and I couldn’t really imagine what it would taste like. Once I tried it I was sure it would always be one of my favorite recipes.
Hi! Susanne from New South Charm back again this month with another great recipe to help you get dinner on the table. Last month I shared my recipe for Slow Cooker Taco Chili and since it was such a hit I decided to share another or my favorite chili recipes with you.
This recipe is really easy and it’s pretty fast so it’s perfect for those nights when you are short on time. Plus, whole recipe is done in about 45 minutes.
Begin by warming up a tablespoon of olive oil in the bottom of a large pot or dutch oven. Then add onion, bell pepper and garlic to pot to oil and cook until tender. Next, brown the ground beef until no longer pink and just browned.
Next add a package chili seasoning, a can of tomatoes, and two cans of kidney beans. Pour in two cups of chicken broth then stir to combine.
Bring the mixture to a boil and then add pasta to pot. Cover with a lid and reduce heat simmering for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Mix in half the cheese stirring until melted and then sprinkle remaining cheese over the top of the chili.
That’s all there is to making this recipe for One Pot Chili Macaroni and Cheese. If you’re looking for more great comfort food recipes be sure to pop over to New South Charm and check out my great recipes for 30 Minute One Pot Chili, Easy White Chicken Chili or my very popular Easy Homemade Mac ’n Cheese.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
One Pot Chili Mac & Cheese
- 1 lb Ground beef or ground turkey
- 16 oz Elbow pasta
- 1 can tomatoes and chilies
- 2 cans kidney beans - drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili power
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Warm olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat for a couple minutes then add butter to melt.
- Add onion, pepper and garlic to skillet cook until tender and onions are clear.
- Then add ground beef and cooked until browned.
- Once beef is browned add seasonings, can of tomatoes and chilies and the can of kidney beans.
- Pour in 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Add pasta to pot reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes or until pasta tender.
- Add in half of cheese stirring allowing it to melt then sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.