This easy Sausage and Pepper Soup is ready in under 30 minutes and really warms you up.
Post sponsored by Mirum. Opinions are 100% my own.
One of my favorite parts about fall is that it’s officially soup weather. There is just something about a big, steaming bowl of soup that warms your soul. There’s something magical about it – it can make an otherwise blah day feel cozy and special.
If you’ve been reading IAK for a while, you know I’m all about easy recipes. My goal is to spend no more than 30 minutes in the kitchen preparing dinner. Even though I’m a food blogger, I need to get dinner on the table fast.
I recently discovered these meal kits from Marie Callender’s.
The kits come with just about everything you need to make a hearty and quick skillet meal in less than 30 minutes. You only need to add meat and a few simple pantry items to the kit and prepare it a skillet. It’s fast and easy.
Since my family loves Sausage and Peppers, I thought I would swap the beef for sweet Italian sausage and add some bell peppers.
The entire recipe took me less than 30 minutes to prepare. The result was big, simmering pot of Sausage and Pepper Soup. It was full of flavor and I loved the texture of the pasta. It cooked perfectly right in the soup pot.
I topped my soup off with some freshly grated parmesan cheese and it was perfect! A great way to end a cold day.
The form you have selected does not exist.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Sausage and Pepper Soup
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 package Marie Callender's Family Recipes Meal Kit, Zesty Tomato variety
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese for garnish
- Brown sausage in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add contents of Marie Callender's Family Recipes Zesty Tomato meal kit.
- Add bell peppers, diced tomatoes, water and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.