This old fashioned Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie recipe is a classic. It’s one of my grandmother’s favorite easy cookie recipes.
This post was sponsored by DePuy Synthes as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central, however all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I have the best memories of making these cookies with my grandmother. We usually made them on Saturdays when my sister and I would sleep over for the weekend. But there were a few times when it was just she and I making this classic cookie recipe.
When I was 13 years old, I developed extreme knee pain. My knee would swell up to the size of a softball and the pain was excruciating. I would come home from school sobbing from the unrelenting pain.
After numerous doctor visits, x-rays and tests they just couldn’t figure out what the pain was from. My doctor recommended an exploratory surgery to get to the bottom of things.
What he found shocked him.
The source of all my knee pain was shredded and deformed cartilage. After making the necessary repairs, he asked me if I had taken a bad fall. A fall where I wouldn’t have been able to walk for a few days afterward. Maybe a skiing accident?
The thing is, I had never taken a bad fall like that. He couldn’t believe it. He had never seen such damage on a young patient that didn’t have some sort of incident leading up to the damage. He compared my knee to that of a professional hockey player.
After my surgery, I had to take a few days off of school. As a teenager, being away from your friends can feel like torture. I was missing out on so much with my friends. Since both of my parents worked, I got to spend the days with my grandparents. And, we made these cookies.
Just me and my Mammy (that’s what I called my grandmother) together in the kitchen baking cookies. I loved every second of it!
This recipe was passed down to my grandmother from her mother. The cookies are light with crispy edges and chewy centers. And, they are jam packed with chocolate-peanut butter goodness. Every time I make them I think of Mammy and can almost feel her standing next to me in the kitchen baking them.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
Looking for more? Check out all of the easy no bake dessert recipes on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Chocolate Peanut Butter CookiesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 cup peanut butter - I prefer crunchy
- 4 tablespoons butter - room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 squares baking chocolate - melted
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Cream together peanut butter and butter.
- Add sugar, eggs, milk and melted chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix dry ingredients with peanut butter mixture.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.