ThisBacon Jalapeno Cheese Log is an easy appetizer recipe that’s perfect for a party
Hello everyone! It’s me, Jade, from Jonesin’ For Taste! When it comes to anything cheese my family is on-board. Growing up there was always a cheese ball or log for snacking while we were hanging out and talking.
I wanted to create a cheese spread that incorporated some of our favorite flavors that are reminiscent of a jalapeno popper. I used bacon, sauteed jalapeno and onions, and Mexican cheese and it was a really tasty combo.
If you’re worried about this being too spicy, don’t! My mom was really concerned that it was going to be hot but when I made it there was just a hint of kick to it. She made me spread just a tiny amount on a cracker for her to try because she still didn’t believe me. Once she tried it and knew I wasn’t lying she spread it on thick. If you are still worried about it you can always start with 2 or 3 jalapenos instead of the 4 I used.
Saute up the veggies and spread them out on a piece of waxed paper to cool. Use a hand mixer or KitchenAid to do all of the mixing for you which makes this super easy to make. To form the log I used a big piece of plastic wrap and dumped the cheese spread into a log-ish looking shape (very technical, right?). Then I wrapped it up as tightly as I could and pressed it further into a log shape. I unwrapped it and topped with the green onion and bacon and then re-wrapped.
I love to serve up a variety of savory options along with favorite treats when hosting a party. If you’re looking for something else to serve alongside the cheese log these are some of our favorites: Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Pork Mini Nachos and Pork Wontons.
What is something your family or friends always request for gatherings?
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups shredded Mexican style cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 jalapenos, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2-3 green onions, chopped, optional
- crackers, for serving
- In a saute pan, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and jalapenos and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened and beginning to brown.
- Spread jalapeno-onion mixture onto a piece of parchment or waxed paper to cool.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat cream cheese till soft and smooth. Add Mexican style cheese and beat to mix. Add cooled jalapeno-onion mixture and 3/4 of the bacon crumbles. Briefly beat to combine.
- Spoon mixture into a rough log shape onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Sprinkle remaining bacon crumbles and green onions, if using, over the top of the cheese log. As tightly as possible, wrap plastic wrap around the cheese log and press into shape.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat. Serve with your favorite crackers.