Since March is National Nutrition Month, I thought I would share some healthy snack ideas that are you might not have considered.
This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx. All opinions are 100% my own.
When it comes to snacking, it’s easy to get stuck in a rut. Whether you’re craving something salty, sweet or crunchy, this list has healthy snack ideas that are sure to keep you satisfied.
Healthy Snack Ideas
- HUMMUS: There are so many flavors of hummus available. Tribe Hummus is one of my favorites. Whether you’re craving something savory or sweet, Tribe has a flavor for you. My family loves Tribe’s Pea No-Nut Butter Hummus with apple slices. It has the rich, smooth flavor of peanut butter without the nuts. It’s one of our favorite healthy late night snacks.
All Tribe Dessert Hummus flavors have only 5g of sugar per serving, no artificial preservatives, are free from all major all allergens including dairy, are Non-GMO Project verified, vegan, gluten free and kosher. They are a better for you dessert snack you can enjoy any time of day.
- SNACK BARS: Snack bars make great healthy snacks on the go. Whether it’s for breakfast or an afternoon pick-me-up, there are so many wholesome options to choose from. One of my favorites is MadeGood snacks.
MadeGood offers a wide range of nutritious snacks in a variety
of flavors – all made with real fruit, nutrients from veggies, whole grains. And, they are free from all 8 allergens so they’re safe for school.
I love the yin and yang flavor of MadeGood snacks Sweet and Salty granola bar. There’s a hint of peanut flavor but definitely without
peanuts. It’s hard to describe but easy to love. They make great healthy snacks for work because they each contain one serving of veggies.
- GREEK YOGURT: This is a protein-packed powerhouse snack. You can eat it plain or stir in your favorite fruit and nuts.
- NO BAKE ENERGY BITES: These sweet bites are packed with good-for-you ingredients. Plus, they will satisfy your sweet tooth without sabotaging your goals. This is my favorite recipe.
- COLD PRESSED JUICE: Sometimes we forget that juices can be a great snack, too. They key is choose options that don’t have added sugar, like WONDER MELON Juice.
WONDER MELON Juices are a blend of 100% organic, cold pressed juices that are certified fair trade and kosher. It’s a blend of Watermelon Juice, Lemon Juice, Apple Juice, Cucumber Juice, and Basil for an incredibly refreshing juice. There are only 80 calories per bottle and is super refreshing.
- SEASONAL VEGGIES: Seasonal veggies are one of my favorite healthy after school snacks for my son. But, let’s face it, they can be boring. I’ve found that giving him something to dip the veggies in, makes everyone happy. One of my favorites are Healthy Choice Power Dressings.
Healthy Choice Power Dressings add delicious flavors to salads and veggies while keeping it healthy. These Vegetable-Powered Dressings are made with real vegetables and no artificial flavors or soy ingredients. Plus, they’re all 45 calories or less per serving.
- NUTS: I always keep nuts in my purse or tote bag for a quick snack. The always satisfy my cravings for something crunchy.
- CHEESE: I like to keep plenty of cheese on hand. It’s a great snack that my whole family loves.
- AVOCADOS: You can eat them sliced, halved or smashed, but what ever way you choose, you’ll be getting lots of good Omega-3s! Try this avocado snack recipe.
- SMOOTHIES: These are one of my favorite snacks. I feel like I’m being sinful when I’m really getting lots of power nutrients. I always have the ingredients on hand to whip up a smoothie thanks to Shipt.
Shipt is the nation’s fastest growing online grocery marketplace. They work with leading retailers and local stores to deliver groceries via a community of shoppers and a convenient app. It’s perfect for my busy lifestyle. You can get $50 off the annual membership using this link.
Oh, and this Mango smoothie is my favorite!
Kids and Healthy Snacks
It’s never been more important to ensure our children are eating healthy snacks. Action for Healthy Kids (AFHK) is a nonprofit bringing together educators and families to create healthier schools and communities that support the physical and emotional health of children.
The new Take Action for Healthy Kids campaign encourages parents and caregivers to take 200,000 actions for healthier kids in 2020. Whether that’s participating in healthy programs at your school or taking steps as a family to improve nutrition, physical activity and well-being at home, every action counts. You can join the movement and help your kids.
Commit to Take Action for Healthy Kids here by March 31, 2020 and be entered to win a healthy taste test kit to host a fun and tasty nutrition education activity for students at your child’s school. (valued at $175)