These Chocolate Chili Roasted Almonds are a quick and easy snack that’s full of flavor!
I’ve partnered with California Almonds on this sponsored post and all opinions stated are my own.
When 2 o’clock rolls around I get a craving for something sweet. The craving is relentless and doesn’t go away until I satisfy it with a sweet snack.
A similar phenomenon happens around 9:30 pm, too.
I’ve found that if I have just a little bit of a sweet treat, it tames the craving beast and allows me to continue on with my day.
These Chocolate Chili Almonds are the perfect snack to satisfy my sweet tooth.
Healthy almonds are coated with a chocolate-chili mixture and then roasted to perfection. The result is a sweet, crunchy treat.
I love to eat these almonds just as they are. But, I’ve also chopped them up and used them as a topping for ice cream and yogurt. And, I’ve also mixed them into my favorite granola.
Did you know that February 16 is Almond Day? Plus, February is also National Snacking Month. These two definitely go hand in hand!
Almonds are a great snack because they are protein-rich and fiber-rich, which keeps you satisfied longer than other snacks. Recent research shows that crunching on 1.5 ounces of whole or chopped almonds daily curbs appetite without increasing calorie intake or body weight. Almonds are also an excellent source of antioxidants, vitamin E and magnesium and are naturally gluten-free and cholesterol-free.
Here are some simple ways you can incorporate more almonds into your diet:
- Snack on a handful in the car – you can stash a small container in the cup holder.
- Keep them at your desk to crunch out the afternoon crash
- Toss them in your gym bag for briefcase, to snack on the go
- Add them to your meals for a hearty crunch and unique flavor.
Learn more about Almond Month and get recipes and nutrition tips here.
These almonds are the perfect balance of flavor and texture. And, my family cannot get enough of these!
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the quick easy recipes for dinner on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, stir together melted butter, brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Add hot cocoa powder, chili, chipotle chili and salt.
- Add almonds; toss until all almonds are coated evenly.
- Spread almonds out on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes, stirring the almonds after 8 minutes.
- The almonds will be sticky. Allow to cool completely before eating.
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/