These Tex Mex Spiced Almonds are flavorful snack you can make in less than 30 minutes.
I’ve partnered with California Almonds on this sponsored post and all opinions stated are my own.
Our family is split down the middle. When I get a craving, it’s always something sweet.
My son, however, rarely eats sweets. He passes on birthday cake. Will rarely eat a cupcake and don’t even bother offering him a donut. He’ll have no part of that.
Salty snacks, on the other hand, are more his speed. My husband is the same. He definitely prefers salty snacks over sweet treats.
Finding a snack that the three of us can enjoy together is nearly impossible. Until now. I’ve come up with a snack idea we can all enjoy.
I’ve found that I can make these Tex Mex Spiced Almonds for my guys, while I LOVE the Chocolate Chili Roasted Almonds I shared a few days ago.
I usually mix up a batch of each and roast them at the same time. That way we all have a healthy and delicious snack we can all enjoy.
I love how easy these Tex Mex Spiced Almonds are to make. Just a few simple ingredients and in less than 30 minutes you have a delicious snack.
I usually end up doubling the recipe because I love to incorporate these almonds into other recipes.
- I roughly chop them and toss them into salads
- I finely chop them and used them for a crunchy chicken coating
- I add them to trail mix
These Tex Mex Spiced Almonds are so versatile. It’s one of my favorite snack recipes.
I always have almonds on hand. They really are a great snack that we can just grab and go.
Almonds are a great snack because they are protein-rich, fiber-rich and a great source of antioxidants. They will keep you satisfied longer than other snacks.
Recent research shows that crunching on 1.5 ounces of whole or chopped almonds daily curbs appetite without increasing calorie intake or body weight.
February 16 was Almond Day and February is also National Snacking Month. These two definitely go hand in hand!
Here are some simple ways you can incorporate more almonds into your diet:
- Fill snack bags to keep in your car, bag or desk
- Add them to your salads for extra fiber and protein
- Sprinkle chopped almonds into your morning oatmeal or yogurt
- Mix them in with granola or trail mix
Learn more about Almond Month and get recipes and nutrition tips here.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
TEX MEX ROASTED ALMONDS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, stir together olive oil and spices.
- Add almonds; toss until all almonds are coated evenly.
- Spread almonds out on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes, stirring the almonds after 8 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before eating.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.