- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage
- 8 lg eggs - scrambled
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup queso fresco - crumbled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes - chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro - chopped
- 16 corn tortillas
- vegetable oil - divided
- Cook breakfast sausage until no longer pink.Heat a separate pan over medium high heat. Add 2 Tbsp butter and allow to mostly melt. Make sure the butter coats the pan and up the sides. Pour in beaten eggs and use a spatula to gently push the eggs around the pan until completely set but still shiny.To fry corn tortillas, coat a small pan with about 2 Tbps vegetable oil. Allow to get sizzling hot, quickly fry tortilla on each side and fold while still warm.To assemble- fill a corn tortilla shell with approximately 2 Tbsp each ground sausage and scrambled eggs. Top with about 2 tsp queso fresco about 1 Tbsp diced tomatoes and a little bit of cilantro.
Did You Make This Recipe?Show me on Instagram! Mention @itsakeeperblog or tag #itisakeeper! I'd love to see what you're up to in the kitchen!
Helpful Tips for All Recipes on It Is a Keeper
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.
More Posts You'll Love
Pages: 1 2