This recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings in the slow cooker is ultra tender and it makes a thick, rich sauce. It’s one of my favorite crock pot recipes for chicken.
This recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings is pure comfort food in a bowl. It’s definitely one of the best slow cooker recipes of all time. Plus, I have a great little trick for completely effortless dumplings. Hint…it doesn’t involve refrigerated biscuits!
Our life has been crazy busy these last few months. My son is involved in three after-school sports. Plus, Boy Scouts. Plus, he plays in our church’s bell choir.
Between all of the practices, meetings and events, we barely spend time at home anymore.
That’s where this recipe comes in. I can easily prepare this Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings in the morning and go about my day. When school is over, I put the finishing touches on it and it’s ready to go.
This recipe is totally portable, too! I fill up large styrofoam cups and we can eat it on the go.
My family loves this Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings recipe – it’s definitely a keeper in my book!
My Favorite Slow Cooker Items
- My favorite slow cooker
- My favorite casserole slow cooker
- Disposable slow cooker liners (I can’t live without these!)
- Slow cooker travel bag
- Slow Cooker Essentials
My Favorite Slow Cooker Cookbooks
- Slow Cooker Revolution
- Fix It and Forget It Big Cookbook
- The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the best Slow Cooker recipes on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
- 3 large chicken breasts - boneless and skinless
- 1 teaspoon House Seasoning Blend
- 2 carrots - peeled and diced
- 1 onion - diced
- 2 celery stalks - diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
DUMPLINGS & SAUCE
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon fresh garlic - minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
- 1 package fresh gnocchi
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Season both sides of chicken breast with House Seasoning Blend.
- Placed seasoned chicken, carrots, onion and celery in slow cooker.
- Add chicken stock to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- When chicken is cooked, strain liquid from slow cooker and reserve it.
- Remove chicken and and use 2 forks to shred it.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and stir for 10 seconds.
- Whisk in flour and stir until a paste forms.
- Whisk in reserved cooking liquid and additional chicken stock.
- Add poultry seasoning and whisk until sauce thickens.
- Add gnocchi, peas and corn and allow to sit in the sauce for 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over shredded chicken, carrots, celery and onion.
- Serve immediately.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.