With only a few simple ingredients, these BBQ Bacon Meatballs are incredibly easy to make.
It’s confession time. I broke all of my mom rules and let my son commit to more than one extra curricular activity this season.
When the snow finally melted and the spring sport season started, I had everything under control. But, it quickly fell apart once everything got into full swing.
Now, I’m waving the white flag in defeat.
This season he’s playing baseball and flag football, racing BMX, in Boy Scouts and playing handbells at our church. I’m tired just thinking about all of that. And, I’m only the chauffeur.
Truth be told, my son loves all of the activities he’s involved in. He goes to each game/practice/race/event with excitement and gusto.
I, on the other hand, am struggling to keep the schedule under control, the uniforms clean, the gear organized and the sports drinks filled.
And, that’s not even thinking about dinner! The past few weeks have consisted of us eating on the fly.
I’ve been making quick meals that can be portable so we can eat them in the car. That’s where these BBQ Bacon Meatballs come in.
They’re juicy, flavorful meatballs simmered in a tasty BBQ sauce that’s laced with bits of crispy bacon. The entire recipe takes under 10 minutes to prepare and it’s extremely versatile.
You can eat them on their own or pile them onto rolls for a meatball sandwich. My son likes to stuff them into a soft tortilla and top it with coleslaw for a BBQ Bacon Meatball taco!
The star of the show are the Italian Style Beef & Pork variety of Cooked Perfect ® Fresh Meatballs (Find a store). Because they’re fresh (not frozen) and fully cooked, they’re perfect for quick and easy dinners.
They come in a microwave steam pouch that heats the meatballs perfectly in 2 minutes while keeping them moist and delicious.
All Cooked Perfect Meatballs are made from premium meats with no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. And, they have an amazing flame broiled flavor.
Cooked Perfect Meatballs come with two easy recipes on the package so you can easily get dinner on the table.
You can find all four flavors of fresh Cooked Perfect Meatballs – Italian Style Beef & Pork, Korean BBQ Beef & Pork, Sundried Tomato & Roasted Garlic Chicken, and Italian Style with Parmesan & Mozzarella Chicken – in the refrigerated meat & poultry section of grocery stores in the Mid-Atlantic, Northeast and Chicago regions.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
BBQ Bacon Meatballs
- 3 strips bacon
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs - Italian Style Beef & Pork variety
- Place bacon in food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat; add bacon.
- Cook bacon until crispy.
- Drain excess fat from pan.
- Add barbecue sauce, preserves, water and meatballs.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.