This easy Protein Iced Coffee drink recipe is the perfect combination of a protein shake and iced coffee.
This post contains sponsored links from Sandwich Bros., however all opinions are 100% my own.
I’m going to let you in on a little secret about me.
I don’t like cooking breakfast. At least not at breakfast time. I’m all about BFD…breakfast for dinner but I’m just not that into cooking first thing in the morning.
I’m going to guess that it’s because I’m not really a morning person (raise your hand if you’re a night owl, like me!). It takes me a bit to fully wake up and be ready to tackle a project like making breakfast.
I can’t even begin to think about breakfast until I’ve had at least one cup of coffee to get me going.
Most days, I prefer a big, steaming cup of hot coffee to wake up my brain. But, in the warmer months, I often trade in my hot coffee for the iced variety.
I’m a very slow drinker so I find that most times my hot coffee is cold before I can finish it. Iced coffee takes the pressure off. There’s no hurry to drink it before it gets cold.
I also like to drink a protein shake in the morning. But, since I’m such a slow drinker, I usually end up nursing my coffee and protein shake all morning long.
One day, the uber efficient side of me had an idea. Why not combine the two?
This Protein Iced Coffee is the perfect blend of iced coffee and my daily protein shake.
Most mornings, I eat simple breakfasts like Overnight Oats, Breakfast Couscous or these Sausage and Egg White Breakfast Sandwiches from Sandwich Bros.
Breakfast really doesn’t get much easier. Give them a quick spin in the ole microwave and breakfast is served!
Sandwich Bros. Sausage and Egg White Sandwiches pair perfectly with this Protein Iced Coffee. It’s a great pairing that is packed with protein and fills you up so you’re ready to tackle whatever the day throws at you.
Each flatbread is stuffed with a lean all natural Jones sausage patty and a fluffy egg white cheddar omelet. Each sandwich has 11 grams of protein and is really…really tasty.
My family absolutely loved them. I like them with avocado and tomato. My husband, used Sriracha and my son was all about the salsa and sour cream.
Sandwich Bros products come individually wrapped so you can make as many as you need when you want them. These flatbread pocket sandwiches can be found in the freezer section of your grocery store.
In addition to breakfast sandwiches, Sandwich Bros. has several different varieties available – including angus burgers and chicken sandwiches. Be sure to check out the Sandwich Bros. website for more recipes and ideas. They also have a store finder so you can find them in your area. You can even find coupons and more inspiration on their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram channels.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Protein Iced Coffee
- 1.5 tablespoons Instant coffee
- 1 cup Cold water
- 1.5 tablespoons Protein powder - I used vanilla
- 1 cup Ice
- Stevia or other sweetener to taste
- Add instant coffee, water, protein powder and half of the ice to a blender bottle.
- Shake vigorously until coffee and protein powder are dissolved.
- Fill a glass with remaining ice; pour iced coffee mixture over the ice.
- Add sweetener to taste and stir until combined.
- Serve immediately.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.