This Chicken Fajita Pasta with Jalapeno Lime Sauce is a quick and easy recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes!
My husband and I don’t go out to eat much but recently we went to California Pizza Kitchen and had an awesome pasta dish called Chicken Tequila Fettucine. It’s basically the ingredients of fajitas, pasta, and a jalapeno lime sauce. I loved it and filed the idea away to make later. I’ve made this Fajita Pasta twice now and it’s been so yummy! And it’s actually really quick to make which is awesome!
I love that this Fajita Pasta changes up a dish that we already know and love. The jalapeno lime sauce I used is a Cilantro Jalapeno Sauce that comes from Damn Delicious and it’s a nice compliment to the fajitas with just a bit of heat. Although I know it could be hotter depending on how hot your specific jalapenos are.
I’ve always used my homemade fajita seasoning but for this dish I would leave out the cayenne pepper. Using the cayenne pepper in conjunction with the jalapeno sauce would make it incredibly spicy.
I love classic pasta dishes with classic sauces but I also like having unusual pasta dishes that add in lots of veggies. My kids are much more willing to try veggies when they are mixed in with ingredients they already know they like. Some other dishes they love are Sausage and Veggie Spaghetti and BBQ Chicken Pasta Salad.
It always amazes me to watch them eat veggies in dishes that if served on the side or with something they are unsure of they would usually never touch. One trick I have found to get my kids to actually try foods is to describe them positively. I always make sure to describe red bell peppers as sweet peppers and sauted red onions as caramelized onions. It’s amazing how describing them differently changes their opinion of them.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
- 1 lb chicken sliced
- 2 bell peppers, any combination of red, green, yellow, or orange sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 pkg fajita seasoning
- 1 recipe jalapeno lime sauce
- 1 lb spinach fettuccine
- 3 Tbsp olive oil divided
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add spinach fettuccine and cook according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pan with 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil to medium high heat. When hot add sliced peppers and onions and saute about 4-5 minutes until they are caramelized. Remove from pan.
- Using same pan, add the remaining olive oil and cook sliced chicken until cooked through and you can see no more pink. Return veggies to the pan and add fajita seasoning and the amount of water needed according to package directions.
- While fajitas are finishing, make the jalapeno lime sauce.
- Once fajitas and pasta are done add both to a large serving bowl. Pour over the jalapeno lime sauce and toss. Serve immediately.
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/