This easy Slow Cooker Tex Mex Chicken is one of the best slow cooker recipes of all time and definitely one of the best crock pot recipes for chicken!
I l-o-v-e my slow cooker. It just makes my life so easy especially on the days when I’m busy and I know I won’t be home until dinner time. Last week I was gone for the day to a couple meetings and I knew it would be late afternoon before I got home. So, before I left for the day I tossed a few ingredients in the slow cooker and when I got home dinner was pretty much ready.
That’s the beauty of crock pots right? They are the busy family’s solution to great meals at home even when we don’t have time to cook.
Hi! It’s Susanne from New South Charm back again this month with an easy crock pot recipe that will make dinner a snap on a busy night.
This a really easy recipe that uses seasonings you probably already have on hand. I also really like this recipe because it only takes about 10 minutes to get prepped in the morning.
Now I say ten minutes because I’m going to let you in on a little secret instead of chopping the onions and bell peppers that are part of this recipe I bought a bags of frozen onions and bell peppers from the freezer section at the grocery store and just tossed them in the slow cooker still frozen.
If you’re going to use fresh onion and bell pepper then be sure to allow a few extra minutes for chopping and dicing to your prep time.
Begin by placing two-three chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker then add tomatoes, tomato paste, a package of chicken taco seasoning,
Before serving remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred. Return the chicken to slow cooker and add a can of chopped green chilies and stir to combine.
As I said earlier in this post I love my slow cooker. So if you’re looking for more easy chicken slow cooker recipes hop over to New South Charm and check out my recipe for Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken, Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken, or my favorite Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sandwiches.
I’ll be back next month with another great recipe!
Happy Cooking Y’all!
My Favorite Slow Cooker Items
- My favorite slow cooker
- My favorite casserole slow cooker
- Disposable slow cooker liners (I can’t live without these!)
- Slow cooker travel bag
- Slow Cooker Essentials
My Favorite Slow Cooker Cookbooks
- Slow Cooker Revolution
- Fix It and Forget It Big Cookbook
- The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms
More Easy Recipes You May Enjoy
Get even more of the best slow cooker recipes of all time on my Slow Cooker Pinterest board.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Slow Cooker Tex-Mex Chicken
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - frozen
- 2 tbsp Taco seasoning blend
- 1 cup green bell pepper - diced
- 2 cups yellow onion - diced
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 can corn - drained
- 1 can black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 7 oz can chopped green chiles
- Place frozen chicken breasts in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Add taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, bell peppers, onions, black beans and corn and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook for 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- Before serving remove chicken and shred with forks.
- Return chicken to slow cooker along with chopped green chilies.
- Stir to combine and serve over rice garnished with sour cream cheese, and chopped green onions.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.