This Chicken Cacciatore Pasta Skillet is an easy recipe that’s ready in less than 30 minutes and only uses one pan!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla. All opinions are mine.
With the back to school season upon us, I needed to come up with some quick and easy meals that will fit into our busy schedule.
This Chicken Cacciatore Pasta Skillet is the perfect meal for busy schedules. I took my favorite Chicken Cacciatore recipe and adapted it to be made in a single pot.
The result was a hearty meal that was packed with flavor and super easy to make. The entire recipe came together in under 30 minutes.
One of my favorite types of recipes are one pot skillet meals. Not only do they cook quickly, but clean up is much easier with fewer dirty dishes to take care of. Win-win!
I used ground chicken and sauteed it with onions, garlic and seasoning. Then I added chicken broth, Barilla Tomato Basil pasta sauce and Barilla penne pasta. After 11 minutes of simmering I added some roasted red peppers and parmesan cheese and dinner was done! It really doesn’t get much easier than that.
I love using Barilla products. They have a quality that I can trust and that my family loves.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Chicken Cacciatore Pasta Skillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon House Seasoning blend
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 24 oz jar Barilla Tomato Basil pasta sauce
- 1 pound uncooked Barilla penne pasta
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers - diced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet with deep sides over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic and chicken; Season with Italian seasoning and House Seasoning blend.
- Saute until chicken is cooked through, about 5-6 minutes, ensuring that the chicken is crumbled.
- Add chicken broth and pasta to the pan; Bring to a simmer.
- Add pasta and stir to ensure it is evenly coated.
- Put lid on pan and cook for 11 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Remove pasta from heat and stir in roasted red peppers and parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.