This Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon recipe is pure comfort food. It’s one of the best slow cooker recipes of all time.
I knew there had to be an easier way so I combined this easy slow slow cooker beef stew recipe with Julia’s masterpiece and came up with this Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon recipe.
The result was pure comfort food perfection! The sauce was rich and thick. The meat was tender and juicy. And, the vegetables basically melted in your mouth. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
My Favorite Slow Cooker Items
- My favorite slow cooker
- My favorite casserole slow cooker
- Disposable slow cooker liners (I can’t live without these!)
- Slow cooker travel bag
- Slow Cooker Essentials
My Favorite Slow Cooker Cookbooks
- Slow Cooker Revolution
- Fix It and Forget It Big Cookbook
- The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms
Get even more of the best slow cooker recipes on my Slow Cooker Pinterest board.
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 3 pounds boneless beef chuck cut to 2 inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons House Seasoning Blend
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 carrots sliced
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms sliced
- 14.4 ounces frozen Pearl onions
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; place in slow cooker.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of bacon fat from pan.
- Evenly coat the beef with House Seasoning Blend.
- Add beef to skillet and cook until browned on all sides (it does not need to cook through); Transfer beef to the slow cooker.
- Add flour to skillet, stirring to combine with bacon and beef fat.
- Slowly add the red wine to skillet, whisking it into the flour mixture.
- Simmer until the wine reduces and the sauce thickens slightly.
- Add the red wine to the skillet scraping down the brown bits on the side.
- Add stock, tomato sauce and worcestershire sauce.
- Allow to simmer until slightly thickened.
- Transfer sauce to slow cooker.
- Add garlic, thyme, carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, onions and bay leaf to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours or high for 6-8 hours.
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/