This easy, one pot Louisiana Jambalaya Recipe is perfect for busy nights.
With very little hands-on time, this Louisiana Jambalaya recipe is easy to make and packed with flavor.
This post was created in partnership with Ninja® Cooking System with Auto-iQ™. I received complimentary products and compensation to facilitate my review, but all opinions within are my own.
If there’s one thing I love to make, it’s one pot meals. While I love to cook, I absolutely detest cleaning up a sink full of pots and pans.
That’s where this easy Louisiana Jambalaya recipe comes in. It’s made in pot – rice and all. It doesn’t get much better than that.
I was recently in New Orleans for a blog event and, of course, had to try all of the traditional New Orleans fare. I had everything from beignets and cafe au lait at Cafe du Monde to gumbo at Emeril’s. And, I had jambalaya at Coop’s Place.
I just loved the hearty rice and meat dish. It was incredibly flavorful and so very filling. And, even though the weather was warm, this just seemed like the perfect winter comfort food to me. I knew I had to recreate it.
Traditional jambalaya can take hours to make from scratch. I don’t know about you, but I don’t have that kind of time. Especially, on busy weeknights. Of course, there are slow cooker recipes for Jambalaya, but I wanted to find a recipe that could be made quickly without a slow cooker.
So to make this Louisiana Jambalaya recipe, I turned to my Ninja® Cooking System with Auto-iQ™. This nifty cooker is four appliances built into one: a slow cooker; a stove top for searing and sautéing; a steamer; and an oven for baking. It can do it all. It’s a super multi cooker!
While it has slow cooking functionality (which I love), I used the other functions to make this incredible jambalaya. Slow cooker’s only heat from the sides. This Ninja has Triple Fusion Heat® which uses bottom, side, and steam heat together to create easy one-pot meals.
This Louisiana Jambalaya recipe was easy to pull together and there wasn’t much hands-on time involved. I sauteed the meats and veggies using the stove-top setting then I added the remaining ingredients and used one of the built-in, pre-programmed settings to finish the cooking process. I was able to set it and walk away.
Ninja’s Auto-iQ™ Technology features more than 80 pre-programmed recipes that coordinate with the cookbook that’s included. That’s where I found this easy jambalaya recipe. There are more than 100 multi cooker recipes in the book with everything from grains, desserts, layered bowls, quick recipes and one pot meals.
It even had a stay warm programmable timer so you can keep your food warm until you’re ready to eat it.
My favorite part, though, is that this was a one-pot recipe. So I wasn’t left with a sink full of pots and pans to clean when dinner was done. In fact, I was able to put the non-stick pot and glass lid right in the dishwasher. Bam! Dishes done.
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the quick easy recipes for dinner on It Is a Keeper.
The form you have selected does not exist.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Louisiana Jambalaya Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound cooked andouille sausage, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 28 oz can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- Set Ninja® Cooking System with Auto-iQ™ to STOVE TOP HIGH and preheat pot for 5 minutes.
- Season chicken with 1 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, 1 tablespoon salt and 1/2 tablespoon black pepper.
- Heat oil in pot for 2 minutes, then add chicken, sausage, onion, peppers and garlic.
- Cook uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken stock, tomatoes, rice and remaining Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine then cover pot.
- Select Augot- iQ Layered Bowls: Recipe 15 and press START/STOP button.
- Serve immediately.