This 9 Minute Lemon Cake is one of the easiest desserts you can make!
This easy Lemon Cake comes together very quickly and takes only 9 minutes to bake! Even if you’re short on time, you can whip up this bright, fluffy cake. It’s perfect for hot summer days when you don’t want to heat up the kitchen with the oven or when you find out that you’re getting last minute company.
This post was sponsored by Walmart as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Why This 9 Minute Lemon Cake Recipe Works
This easy lemon cake recipe takes only 9 minutes to bake in the microwave. There no fuss and no heating up your kitchen with the oven.
I love the texture of this lemon sponge cake recipe. It’s light and fluffy (thanks to my secret ingredient) and perfectly tart. It’s one of my favorite recipes using a lemon cake mix.
How to Make 9 Minute Lemon Cake
This recipe couldn’t be simpler to make. There are only a few easy ingredients – a boxed lemon cake mix, lemon pudding mix, eggs, oil, 7UP® and your favorite frosting.
My secret ingredient for this recipe is using 7UP. It enhances the lemon flavor and the carbonation from the soda makes the cake extra light and fluffy.
All of the cake ingredients are combined together and then whisked until they are thoroughly combined. You can use a stand mixer or hand mixer for this to make it easier. Or, you can whisk by hand – it’s entirely up to you. The key is to whisk it for several minutes to make sure the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
How to Bake this Easy Lemon Cake
The best part about this recipe is it’s baked entirely in the microwave. I use the high setting for 9 minutes to get a perfectly baked cake.
I used a silicone bundt pan, but you could easily use any silicone or non-metal shaped pan for this recipe. Keep in mind, though, you may have to adjust your cooking times if you change the shape.
Once the cake cools you can drizzle it with your favorite frosting or dust it with powdered sugar.
Expert Tips for Making 9 Minute Lemon Cake
Here are some expert tips to ensure your 9 minute Lemon Cake comes out perfect every time…
- Make sure all of the ingredients are thoroughly mixed through.
- Bringing your eggs to room temperature will make them easier to incorporate into the batter.
- You can swap out the vanilla frosting for a lemon flavored frosting if you’d like.
- Test your cake for doneness using a toothpick.
About this Easy Lemon Cake
To make this lemon cake even better, I swapped out the water in the recipe with 7UP. It added a great lemon lime flavor that you just can’t get with plain water. Plus, the effervescent beverage adds a nice lift to the cake.
7UP products are made with the highest-quality ingredients. I just love the crisp, clean, and refreshing flavor – whether I’m drinking it or using it in recipes. You can find more 7UP recipe ideas here.
This easy Lemon Cake is the perfect easy dessert for your next cookout. I made it recently for a cookout that we had featuring Johnsonville Brats. I made my Garlic Beer Brats and topped them with beer braised onions and Boom Boom sauce.
This bright and refreshing lemon cake was the perfect end to that meal.
Upgrade Your Summer Contest
Make sure you enter the Upgrade Your Summer promotion at Walmart. You can enter here. They are giving away eight (8) Grand Prize Packages that include:
- One (1) Palm Springs Wicker Patio Set with four (4) Chairs.
- One (1) Sonos Outdoor Speakers.
- One (1) Weber Genesis 11 E310 Grill.
- One (1) Yeti Tundra 45 Cooler.
- One (1) $300 Walmart Gift Card (Terms and conditions of the Gift Card apply).
Plus, they’re giving away twenty-five (25) Second Prizes of a $25 Walmart Gift Card (Terms and conditions of the Gift Card apply).
More Easy Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the Easy No Bake Desserts on It Is a Keeper.
Recommended Tools for Making this Easy Lemon Cake
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
9 Minute Lemon Cake
- 1 box Lemon cake mix
- 1 5.9 oz box instant lemon pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup 7UP
- 1 cup prepared frosting
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, pudding, eggs, oil and 7 UP.
- Mix until completely combined.
- Evenly pour mixture into a silicone bundt pan.
- Bake in microwave on high setting for 9 minutes.
- Test for doneness using a toothpick. If cake is not done, microwave for 1 minute increments until fully baked.
- Remove cake immediately to a cake plate.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Microwave frosting for 10 seconds until it's smooth.
- Drizzle frosting over cake and serve.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.
7UP is a registered trademark of Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. ©2017 Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc.