This Slow Cooker Sunday Chicken Supper is an easy crock pot recipe that is perfect for weekdays or weekends.
When I asked “What should I make next?”, Tom was the first to respond by asking for a slow cooker chicken dish. My pile o’ recipes had several options for slow cooker chicken dishes. I had a busy week coming up so I thought it would be great to try a complete meal in the slow cooker.
This dish was pretty good! I ended up tweaking it a little though. I used boneless skinless chicken breast (4 breast halves) and thoroughly seasoned with some of my house seasoning. I also forgot to add the green beans. Oh well. They would have been really good in the dish! Thanks for the suggestion, Tom!
Slow Cooker Sunday Chicken Supper
- 4 inch medium carrots, cut into 2 pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 inch celery rib, cut into 2 pieces
- 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 5 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 lbs broiler/fryer chicken, cut up, 3-3.5
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups hots water
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Pinch pepper
- Layer the first seven ingredients in the order listed. In a bowl, combine the water, bouillon, salt, thyme, basil and pepper; pour over the top and do not stir.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender and chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken and vegetables. Thicken cooking juices for gravy if desired.