When I asked “What should I make next?”, Tom was the first to respond by asking for a slow cooker chicken dish. My pile o’ recipes had several options for slow cooker chicken dishes. I had a busy week coming up so I thought it would be great to try a complete meal in the slow cooker.
This dish was pretty good! I ended up tweaking it a little though. I used boneless skinless chicken breast (4 breast halves) and thoroughly seasoned with some of my house seasoning. I also forgot to add the green beans. Oh well. They would have been really good in the dish! Thanks for the suggestion, Tom!
- 4 inch medium carrots, cut into 2 pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 inch celery rib, cut into 2 pieces
- 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 5 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 lbs broiler/fryer chicken, cut up, 3-3.5
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups hots water
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Pinch pepper
- Layer the first seven ingredients in the order listed. In a bowl, combine the water, bouillon, salt, thyme, basil and pepper; pour over the top and do not stir.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender and chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken and vegetables. Thicken cooking juices for gravy if desired.
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/