These BBQ Chicken Melt Sandwiches are one of my favorite easy recipes for a slow cooker.
The last time I made my super easy Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken I went a little overboard. I had a LOT of of leftover chicken. I had to find something to do with all of the leftovers.
Let’s talk about the chicken for a second. If you haven’t tried it yet, you have to. Seriously, it is so incredibly easy, you won’t even believe it. Go ahead…pop over and check it out. I’ll wait…..
Now that you checked out the chicken recipe, let’s talk about this sandwich. It’s starts with a soft, whole wheat roll. I topped it with a thick layer of shredded chicken.
Then bacon. C’mon. What’s a sandwich without bacon?!
I topped the bacon with a few slices of cheddar cheese. I then placed the whole thing under the broiler for a few second until the roll toasted a little and the cheese got all melty and gooey.
The last component of this sandwich is a healthy dollop of creamy garlicky ranch dressing.
This sandwich has everything going on. The soft roll, crunchy bacon, sweet bbq sauce and zesty ranch dressing.
It’s pretty much pure perfection. In sandwich form.
What’s your favorite sandwich? Leave me a comment below!
These are the tools I used for this recipe:
(Disclaimer: these are affiliate links)
Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker: BBQ Chicken Melt Sandwiches
1 batch of BBQ Slow Cooker Chicken
8 slices bacon, cooked
8 slices cheddar cheese
Garlicky Ranch Dressing (recipe below)
4 whole wheat sandwich rolls, split
Garlic Ranch Dressing
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1 clove garlic, pressed or very finely minced
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp chives
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp dill
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients for the dressing together and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shred the chicken.
- Place about 1/2 cup of the shredded chicken on the bottom half of the whole wheat roll.
- Spoon some of the slow cooker BBQ sauce over top of the chicken.
- Place 2 slices of bacon on top of the chicken.
- Top the bacon with 2 slices of cheddar cheese.
- Repeat with remaining rolls.
- Place the bottom half of the sandwiches on a baking sheet. Lay the top half of the rolls next to them, with the inside of the roll facing up.
- Place the baking sheet under the broiler for a few minutes, until the cheese melts and the top half of the rolls are toasted. Watch them closely so they don’t burn.
- Top each sandwich 1-2 tablespoons of the Garlic Ranch Dressing.
- Place top half of the roll on the sandwich and serve.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It’s a Keeper: