With back-to-school right around the corner, we all need easy breakfast recipes. These Breakfast Burritos are easy to make, portable.
We are not morning people, so back-to-school means back to hectic mornings at my house.
We do our best to prepare as much as we can the night before — packing backpacks, getting lunches ready, picking out tomorrow’s outfit, etc. Every little bit helps.
When it comes to breakfast, I like to have a variety of easy breakfast recipes on hand that I can whip up in a few minutes. Some of my favorite options are my Easy Breakfast Cookies, Baked Blueberry Oatmeal and Our Favorite Green Smoothie.
I love these Breakfast Burritos because I can make the bacon the night before to save precious time in the morning. Then, all I need to do is scramble up a few eggs, add cheese and other toppings, reheat the bacon and roll ’em up!
We all know that bacon cooked in a cast iron pan is the best! But, it’s a process. You have to do multiple batches. It makes a mess of your stove and takes FOREVER!
Here’s my secret trick to making bacon that tastes like it was made in a cast iron skillet…bake it!
Line a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick foil. Lay your bacon slices in a single layer and pop it into a pre-heated 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
It comes out perfect every single time!
And, since you lined your baking sheet with foil, clean up is a snap!
My son loves his Breakfast Burritos with bacon, egg, cheese and a little salsa and sour cream. My husband likes his with some peppers and onions. And, big, steaming cup of coffee! I usually end up wrapping his in some foil so he can eat it on his way to work.
These burritos are a cinch to assemble. Place half of the cheese slice on one end of the tortilla. Place the scrambled eggs on top of the cheese. Break the bacon slices in half and place on top of the eggs. Top with the remaining half slice of cheese. Then just roll it up, making sure you tuck the sides in as you go!
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It’s a Keeper:
Easy Breakfast Burritos
- 2 eggs - scrambled
- 3 slices bacon - cooked
- 2 slice cheese
- 1 whole wheat flour tortilla - soft
- Any extra toppings you want to add (peppers - mushrooms, salsa, sour cream, green onions, etc.)
- Layer scrambled eggs, bacon and cheese on one half of the tortilla making sure to leave a 1 inch border around the edges.
- Add any toppings you would like.
- Finish the burrito by tucking the sides in and rolling it up tightly.
- Serve immediately.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.