As the kids go back to school, we all need easy breakfast recipes. This Honey Cinnamon Snack Mix is one of our favorite recipes that’s delicious, easy and portable.
Cereal for breakfast doesn’t have to be boring. This Honey Cinnamon Snack Mix takes plain, old cereal to a whole new level. I love it because it’s perfect for breakfast on the go or a quick snack.
Plus, it couldn’t be easier to make. Start with Honey Nut flavored cereal and add an equal amount of another type of cereal. Any kind you choose would be fine.This is a great way to use up the last bit of cereal you have the box, too.
To the cereal, add an equal amount of pretzels — any shape will do.
You mix the whole thing up with some butter, honey, cinnamon and vanilla. Then bake it for a few minutes and viola! Breakfast is ready! Once it comes out of the oven and cools you can add fun mix-ins such as yogurt covered raisins, nuts or other fruits. Or, you can use it to make a breakfast parfait with your favorite yogurt and fruit.
It also makes a great lunchbox treat. I like to pack it with my son’s favorite Lunch Box Sushi. He just loves to have “sushi” for lunch!
I also include some carrots, an apple and a healthy drink. This way, he gets a little bit of sweetness without a lot of added sugar and processed ingredients.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Honey Cinnamon Snack Mix
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine both cereals and pretzels.
- In a small, microwave safe bowl add butter and honey.
- Microwave for 30-second increments until the butter is melted.
- Whisk cinnamon and vanilla into butter mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/