Welcome to my Tailgating BBQ series! From September 15-30, I’ll be sharing grilled recipes that are perfect for tailgating. Each day there will be a new grilled recipe posted to give you inspiration and help build your collection of easy tailgating recipes.
Plus, and this is the really exciting part, one lucky reader will win this amazing Napoleon PRO285 TravelQ grill! Here’s how to enter…
Let’s keep the Tailgating BBQ Series going with this recipe from Lavende from Lavende & Lemonade. Here’s her recipe:
Guest blogger Lavende & Lemonade shares a warm, cheesy bite-sized snack with just a little kick that is absolutely perfect for BBQ tailgating: Spicy Jalapeno Poppers! Stuff the spicy little peppers at home, and take them with you for perfect tailgate munchies!
This recipe is so simple to make and is always a huge success during football season. They can be prepared in advance, and popped onto the grill when everyone is ready to start the pregame chow down. Score!
Spicy Grilled Jalapeno Poppers
- 12 fresh jalapenos
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Remove the stems from the jalapenos, cut them in half lengthwise, and scrape out the seeds.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese and cheddar cheese together. Then fill the jalapeno halves with the cheese mixture.
- Heat the grill to around 300 degrees (medium heat).
- Put down a sheet of aluminum paper, and place the poppers onto it.
- Let them cook, with the lid down (covered), for about 15 minutes, until they cheese perfectly golden and gooey!
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
Thanks so much for sharing your great recipe, Lavende! If you like this recipe, please pin it or share it! And, of course make sure you subscribe to It’s a Keeper so you don’t miss a single one!
You can find all of the Tailgating BBQ series recipes here. And, of course, make sure you enter the Napoleon grill giveaway!
Have you been to or had a Tailgate BBQ before? What was the most memorable food you tried?
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It’s a Keeper: