This easy Cream of Broccoli soup can be made in 30 minutes. It’s one of my favorite quick dinner ideas.
One of the best things about fall is that it is finally soup season again!
Don’t get me wrong… I eat soup all summer long. But there is just something about a big bowl of warm, comforting soup to take away the chill from a blustery fall day.
One of the best things about this recipe is there aren’t many steps.
The entire recipe can be made in under 30 minutes start to finish. Plus, it’s very versatile. You can add whatever toppings you choose. I like to serve ours with crumbled bacon and grated cheddar cheese.
Because broccoli is packed full of natural fiber, this soup really fills you up.
I used Swanson Cream StarterTM to make this recipe even easier. It is the perfect base for so many recipes, such as these.
Here’s how to make this Cream of Broccoli Soup in 30 Minutes:
- 1 whole onion diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 26.1 oz . Swanson Cream StarterTM
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 heads broccoli cut into florets
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp . salt
- 1/2 tsp . black pepper
- Melt butter in a large dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in Swanson Cream StarterTM and chicken broth.
- Add nutmeg, salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Add broccoli.
- Reduce heat to low and cover pot. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup to the desired consistency. Or, use a blender to puree the soup.
- Top with garnishes of your choice such as crumbled bacon or grated cheddar cheese.
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
This blog post is sponsored by Swanson®.
If you like this recipe, here are some of my other favorite soup recipes…
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It’s a Keeper: