This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayMadeSimple #CollectiveBias
This Easy Peppermint Mocha Trifle is one of my favorite holiday recipes.
With all of the holiday parties coming up, it’s good to have a few quick and easy dessert ideas up your sleeve. And, this Easy Peppermint Mocha Trifle fits the bill.
I love the combination of mint and coffee. There is just something about it that is comforting and cozy — just like a warm sweater.’
The recipe starts with a prepared Red Velvet Cake. I just used a box cake mix but a bakery cake would work too, if you’re short on time.
If you decide to go the boxed cake route, you could add a tablespoon of NESCAFÉ® Tasters Choice® instant coffee granules to the mix. Coffee enhances the chocolate flavor.
Start by whipping up the pudding mixture. It’s just instant pudding, milk, COFFEE-MATE® Peppermint Mocha Creamer and a splash of peppermint extract (for a little punch of flavor).
Once you have it mixed, set it aside to thicken while you prepare the cake.
Speaking of cake, cut the cake into one inch cubes. No need to be fancy – just chop it up.
That’s what I love about trifles. You really don’t need to be too precise.
Next, place a single layer of cake cubs in the bottom of a trifle bowl. You just want to use enough to cover the bottom of the bowl.
Then, grab a zip top bag and fill it with the pudding mixture. Use scissors to snip a wee bit off of one corner to make a piping bag.
Pipe a layer of pudding onto the cake cubes. You could use a spoon to do this, but I think it looks nicer using the piping bag method.
Now, repeat the steps. Add a layer of cake cubes and top with a layer of pudding. Continue until your bowl is filled.
I placed a few dollops of pudding on the top of mine and added a few mini chocolate covered mint candies on top.
You could also put a layer of whipped topping on top and chop up some mint candies and sprinkle them on top. It’s entirely up to you.
Trifles allow for a lot of creativity and flexibility. They are very forgiving like that.
That’s why I like them.
This Peppermint Mocha Trifle goes perfectly with a nice big cup of NESCAFÉ® Tasters Choice® coffee. I love the smooth, rich flavor. It’s the perfect accompaniment to this dessert.
I even added a splash of the Peppermint Mocha COFFEE-MATE®.
It’s like a match made in heaven. A warm, comforting, pepperminty heaven.
You can easily find all of the ingredients for this recipe at Walmart.
Easy Peppermint Mocha Trifle Recipe
Easy Peppermint Mocha Trifle
- 1 Red Velvet boxed cake mix - any variety
- 1 tablespoon NESCAFÉ® Tasters Choice® instant coffee granules
- 1 3.4 oz vanilla instant pudding
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Peppermint Mocha Liquid Coffee Creamer
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Chocolate mint candies for garnish
- Pour cake mix into mixing bowl and add instant coffee granules.
- Prepare cake according to package directions.
- Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare pudding mixture by combining pudding mix, coffee creamer, milk and extract in a large bowl.
- Whisk until combined and set aside until thickened.
- Once cake is cooled, cut into one inch cubes.
- Place a single layer of cake cubes in a trifle bowl.
- Pipe a layer of pudding on top of cake.
- Repeat previous two steps until you have filled the trifle bowl.
- Add a few decorative dollops of pudding on top and garnish with mint candies.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.