With the warmer months right around the corner, I’m trying to get a jump start on eating better. These Southwest Chicken Wraps are an easy lunch idea that is packed with goodness.
I’m always looking for ways to eat better. One of the easiest ways I’ve found to do this is to swap healthier options into our meals. Some examples are using whole grain breads and pastas, brown rice instead of white rice, lean proteins and adding more fruits and vegetables.
My rule of thumb is to make at least one healthy swap in each meal. While I don’t want the extra calories, I don’t want to sacrifice flavor.
I recently came across Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad kits. These pre-packaged salads are the fast and flavorful way to eat your veggies every day. Each kit is packed with healthy superfoods and delicious extras that add flavor and texture.
They are chef-inspired salad kits that offer sophisticated blends of five or more superfoods (like kale, Brussels sprouts and quinoa) and include everything needed for a delicious salad. They are perfect for busy folks that are looking for innovative, convenient and healthy eating options that fit right in with a busy lifestyle.
My favorite so far has been the Southwest salad kit. I had it for lunch the other day and it was incredible. It was loaded with kale, radishes, corn and crispy tortilla strips. Plus, there was this zesty southwest dressing.
I love the textures and flavors of the salad. It had powerful blend of five superfoods: savoy cabbage, red cabbage, radishes, carrots and kale paired with a chipotle dressing. The kit even comes with delicious toppings such as corn, shredded cheddar cheese and crispy tortilla strips. Just look at all of that flavor and texture!
I used this salad kit as the basis for a Southwest Chicken wrap. I added some sliced cooked chicken and avocado. I wrapped everything in a tortilla and rolled it up. It makes an easy and delicious light lunch.
If you’d prefer to go the meatless route, you could always add black beans in place of the chicken. Or, you could add black beans WITH the chicken. I think I’m definitely going to do that next time!
There are a variety of Eat Smart salad kits to choose from, including:
- Eat Smart Sweet Kale Salad Kit contains seven superfoods: kale, green cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, chicory, roasted pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries, plus a poppy seed dressing.
- Eat Smart Wild Greens and Quinoa Salad Kit features seven superfoods: kale, beet greens, julienned broccoli, carrots, red cabbage, quinoa and almonds complete with an avocado herb dressing to make a hearty, healthy salad anyone is sure to love.
- Eat Smart Beets and Greens Salad Kit is a powerful combination of six superfoods with perfectly cooked beets, kale, beet greens, red chard, Red Cabbage and broccoli, topped with golden raisins, feta cheese and white wine vinaigrette for a sweet, savory and healthy flavor.
- Eat Smart Roasted Yam Salad Kit is a unique blend of eight superfoods that combines roasted yams with bright dried currants and cranberries, kale, red and green cabbage, and Brussels sprouts. It’s topped with the savory nutty crunch of dried sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and a classic custom-made vinaigrette
- New! Eat Smart Asian Sesame Vegetable Salad kit contains six superfoods, and includes savoy, red, and green cabbage, carrots and kale. The powerful blend of vegetables is enhanced by preservative free toppings including cashews, sesame sticks and a sweet sesame dressing.
- Eat Smart Ginger Bok Choy Salad Kit is bursting with fantastic flavors from the Far East. Packed with six superfoods that include sugar snap peas, carrots, Napa cabbage, broccoli, Bok choy and red cabbage, plus peanuts and a ginger sesame dressing.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Get INSTANT ACCESS to my FREE eCookbook: The Best Easy Recipes.
Sign up to receive a FREE eCookbook, available exclusively to subscribers!