If you are looking for a decadent dessert that will impress your friends and family, then look no further! This Dessert recipes: Chocolate Mini Mocha Cakes with Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting is sure to satisfy.
Hello! I’m Heather, popping in from Real: The Kitchen and Beyond, where I share from scratch recipes for the home cook. I adore a rich chocolate dessert any time of the year. A box of chocolates? Gone in no time. Fresh homemade brownies or Snickers Poke Cake? Oh, you speak to my heart! But I have a chocolate recipe that takes the cake. Mocha Cake is a recipe for pure decadence that makes those few extra minutes of work fly right by, and unbelievably, it’s gluten-free.
I’m not going to lie, this mocha cake is truly bad for any diet, but is worth every single calorie-filled bite. It is also perfect for a special occasion where you want a simple but divine dessert that can be whipped together with little stress. I always make these cakes in minis since they bake quickly and are perfectly proportioned. It also helps you feel less guilty about dessert…just one or two will fill that craving.
Who’s with me? Are you ready for to-die-for rich chocolaty espresso cake topped with freshly made raspberry cream cheese frosting? Make sure you finish it off with the best fudge syrup and a fresh red raspberry on top.
While I planned to simply make these for Valentine’s Day and be done, I couldn’t resist making them a time or two beforehand. You know you have to taste test anything you want for a special meal, right?
My favorite beverage to serve with dessert? Whipped Chocolate Milk. It’s quick, easy, and just the kind of drink that this rich chocolate recipe calls for. Just a warning, it’s an adult cocktail so keep out of reach of the kids.
What’s your favorite chocolate recipe? Let us know in the comments! We’re always ready to melt over a new recipe.
If you like this recipe, check out all of It Is a Keeper’s chocolate recipes.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
- Easy Crock Pot Recipes
- 70+ Quick Dinner Ideas
Dessert recipes: Chocolate Mini Mocha Cakes with Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 6 ounces German Chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter - salted
- 2 large eggs + 2 large egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons white or raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee - dry
Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- Get recipe here.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt chocolate and butter together.
- Stir until smooth.
- Stir in sugar.
- In separate bowl, gently beat eggs.
- Add to chocolate mixture and whisk in until smooth.
- Gently mix in instant coffee and vanilla.
- Fill greased muffin tins or silicon cupcake holders approximately 1/3 full.
- Bake 7-10 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and remove from wrappers.
- Place one cake upside down.
- Spread layer of raspberry cream cheese frosting over it.
- Top with second cake.
- Frost with raspberry cream cheese frosting.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup over.
- Top with a fresh raspberry.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.