This Ginger Plum Granola Recipe: Healthy Snack option for the new year.
One of the things that I love about granola is it can be a quick breakfast or a healthy snack. I always have a big jar of my Classic Granola sitting on the counter.
I also love to play around with the flavors and mix-ins for my granola. And, this is one of those recipes.
Lately, I’ve been addicted to all things ginger. I’m always using fresh grated ginger in my recipes. I can’t get enough of pickled ginger that you get at sushi bars. And, I’m in love with crystallized ginger.
I knew I had to incorporate ginger somehow into my granola so I came up with this Plum Ginger Granola. The ginger adds a bit of spiciness while the plums contrast with sweetness.
While I’m talking about addictions, I’m also addicted to plums. My mom has a plum tree and that little thing produces a ton of fruit. They are so sweet and delicious.
During the colder months, I’ve found that Sunsweet offers Amaz!n™ Diced Prunes, Amaz!n™ Prunes and PlumSmart® Light juice.
For the many Americans who resolve to eat healthier in the New Year, focusing on healthy snacks is an easy way to improve the quality of your diet, especially when you add Feel Good Fruits like plums and prunes to your favorite snacking recipes.
Studies suggest punes may promote healthy bones, help prevent hypertension and stroke and play a role in helping support cell energy by regulating fluid balance, nerve impulses and muscle contraction to increase energy.
A diet containing foods with fiber can replace fats and sweets, and contributes to heart health and may contribute to maintaining a consistent digestive tract which helps lead to improved digestive health.
With all of this good-for-you stuff, it’s hard to come up with a reason not to include plums and prunes in your diet!
What are your favorite healthy snack recipes? Leave me a comment below!
If you like this recipe, check out all of my recipes healthy snacks.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
- Easy Crock Pot Recipes
- 70+ Quick Dinner Ideas
Ginger Plum Granola Recipe: Healthy Snack
Ginger Plum Granola
- 1 batch Basic granola recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup dried plums
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger - finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Prepare Basic Granola Recipe according to directions.
- Before baking granola, sprinkle ground ginger on top of mixture.
- Bake according to recipe directions.
- Remove from oven and transfer to large bowl and add plums and crystallized ginger; mix until combined.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.