Celebrate Dr. Seuss Day with the best Red Velvet Cupcake recipe and fun Dr Seuss printables.
Hi, it’s Candi from A Day in Candiland. I’ll be stopping by It’s a Keeper each month to bring you great content. This month I am sharing these Dr. Seuss Red Velvet Cupcakes with you.
I used to work in a school that celebrated Dr. Seuss week in the younger grades. It was a so much fun. Everyday was a different theme and we decorated the classroom completely wacky, played games and had a daily reading time of Dr. Seuss Books. It was fun to watch the kids get excited about reading and sharing the different books they had. One of the other great things was snack time.
We always had goldfish, and hot dogs made out of bananas, peanut butter and strawberry jelly. My favorite were the cupcakes.
Today I am sharing these the best Red Velvet Cupcake recipe and fun Dr Seuss printables with Thing 1 and Thing 2.
The first thing is to make the red velvet cupcakes and put them in these cute polka dot wrappers that I found at Michaels.
I frosted them with Cream Cheese frosting tinted blue and then decorated them with Thing 1 and Thing 2 tags.
You can glue the tags to the front or use them as cupcake pics on top.
Just print out this printable using card stock paper and cut out with a circle punch and hot glue on or glue to a toothpick and place in the frosting. You can find the Cupcake Tag Printable here.
Once the cupcakes are done , print out the tags, cut with a circle cutter punch and place on a cake stand or cupcake stand.
If you like these Dr. Seuss Red Velvet Cupcakes visit these:
What is your favorite Dr. Seuss book? Leave me a comment below!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out all of the cupcake recipes on It is a Keeper! Including these:
Blue Velvet Cupcakes
Red Velvet Cupcakes with Dr Seuss Printables
. Seuss Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 ts Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 TB Red Food Coloring
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup Sifted AP Flour
- 1/2 ts salt
- 1 ts cocoa powder
- 1/2 ts baking soda
- 1 Stick Butter softened
- 1 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 3 Cups sifted confectioners sugar
- 1 ts of Vanilla Extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix liquid ingredients into your stand mixer.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and sift with a whisk until well combined
- Add dry mix into wet mixture
- Mix just until combined, do not over mix
- Place in liners in a muffin tin.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes. Do not overbake. Use an over thermometer if possible.
- Mix butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer
- Add sifted confectioners sugar 1 cup at a time
- Add Vanilla Extract
- Add a few drops of blue food coloring
- Place in a zip lock bag and cut the tip off and pipe in a circle. Or use an 1M tip from Wilton
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/