This Baked Beef Ravioli is a great make-ahead dinner recipe!
Don’t you just love pasta? I do. I love it so much that we have it for dinner at least once a week. Well… that was until I made a New Year’s Resolution to eat less carbohydrates. That resolution lasted until this week.
This week I started craving comfort food. For me that means pasta. Especially pasta covered in cheese. This Baked Ravioli is an easy semi-homemade dinner that features simple ingredients including premade refrigerated pasta that makes it possible for you to have this meal ready for your family in forty minutes.
If you’re like me you may have never bought refrigerated pasta. Now that I’ve tried it I’m completely hooked. It’s so easy to prepare and it has a much fresher flavor than traditional dried pasta.
For this recipe you will use cheese filled ravioli that will be combined with a meat sauce and then covered in Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Are you hungry yet?
The meat sauce for this recipe is one of the simplest I’ve ever made. As I said before this is a semi-homemade recipe and that means EASY. If you can work a can opener you can make this sauce. You’ll just need to combine a can of condensed tomato soup and crushed tomatoes with cooked ground beef and Italian Seasoning.
I feel like the key to any great Italian meal is the seasoning. Probably the most common flavor associated with Italian food is garlic. This recipe calls for quite a bit of it actually (4-6 cloves minced) but it also calls for another great spice that you should have in your pantry if don’t already Italian Seasoning.
Italian Seasoning is a blend of eight dried herbs. They are Basil, Oregano, Rosemary, Marjoram, Sage, Thyme, and Savory. Together they create that rich flavor that most of us think of when we think about tradition Italian style foods. If you don’t have Italian seasoning I’ve used a half a teaspoon of Oregano and a half of teaspoon of Basil to make this recipe. The flavor was nearly identical. Of course if your in a real hurry you can use a half a jar of your favorite Marinara Sauce.
I told you this was EASY recipe. Acutally I think it’s one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever made I hope you and your family love this recipe as much as mine does. If you like this recipe you might like these for Creamy Chicken Farfalle or Rotel Chicken Pasta on my blog New South Charm. I’ll be back soon with another great recipe.
What is your favorite make ahead recipe? Leave me a comment below!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out all of the make-ahead recipes on It is a Keeper!
Baked Beef Ravioli
Baked Beef Raviloli
- 2 9- ounce packages of refrigerated cheese-filled ravioli
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4-6 cloves minced garlic
- 1 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes - undrained
- 1 10 ounce can of condensed tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions, drain and cover to keep warm
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion and garlic over medium high heat until beef is brown and onion is tender; drain fat
- Add in tomatoes, soup, Italian Seasoning, and raviolis stirring gently
- Transfer mixture to a 9x13 casserole dish sprinkle cheese on top
- Bake a 375 for 20 minutes
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.