This easy popcorn ball recipe is made even better by incorporating crushed Oreos into it! It’s a fun and easy snack recipe.
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Universal Pictures, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #BoxtrollsFamilyNite http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV.
It’s been snowy here in northeast PA and we’ve had several school cancellations. With so much free time on their hands, kids tend to get bored very quickly.
The help keep things fun, we decided to host a family movie night. Since The Boxtrolls was out on DVD, I thought that would be fun.
The movies is about a young orphan who is raised by underground trash collecting Boxtrolls and tries to save his friends from an evil exterminator. It’s a really cute movie.
And, nothing goes better with a good flick than some popcorn! In keeping with the them of the movie, I decided to make “trashy” Oreo Popcorn Balls. The crumbled cookies make the popcorn balls look like they came right of the trash.
My guy enjoyed them with root beer floats and his best friend!
Head to your local Walmart and pick up a copy of The Boxtrolls DVD and either Pop Secret 10ct Movie Theatre Butter Popcorn or Pop Secret 10ct Home-Style Popcorn (while supplies last) to hold you own family movie night!
What are your favorite family movie night snacks? Leave me a comment below!
If you like this recipe, check out all of my easy snacks.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Oreo Popcorn Balls
- 8 cups popcorn popped
- 12 Oreo cookies crushed
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 2 tsp cold water
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup marshmallows
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn and crushed Oreos.
- In a large sauce, combine the corn syrup, margarine, cold water, confectioners’ sugar and marshmallows over medium heat.
- Stir until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Carefully remove from heat and pour the mixture over the popcorn and crushed cookies until each piece is coated.
- Spray your hands with non-stick cooking spray and quickly shape the popcorn mixture into balls before it cools.
- Let cool on a sheet of wax paper.
- Wrap each ball with wax paper or plastic wrap and store at room temperature.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/