Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Sausage
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr 30 mins
Total Time1 hr 45 mins
Servings: 15 servings
- (2) 14 oz packages of Smoked Sausage - sliced*
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic - minced*
- 12 oz chili sauce
- 12 oz grape jelly
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
In the bottom of medium sauce pan, drizzle olive oil
Cook garlic until translucent, about 2 mintues
Add chili sauce, grape jelly and seasonings to pot and cook for 10 minutes stirring frequently
Place sliced sausages in the bowl of the slow cooker and pour sauce over the top
Cook on high for 90 minutes, stirring after the first hour
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.