Bacon Candied Carrots
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 small onion - chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Steam carrots until they are fork tender.
Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Crumble and set aside.
Reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings in skillet.
Saute onion in bacon drippings over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until tender.
Stir in brown sugar, salt, pepper and cooked carrots.
Cook for 5 minutes or until carrots are glazed and heated through.
Serve with crumbled bacon on top.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- Cut the Bacon First: I find it easier to cut the bacon into bite sized pieces before cooking it.
- This Recipe Can be Doubled: This is a great recipe for a crowd. Simply increase the ingredients proportionately.
- Use Baby Carrots: Use baby carrots if you don't feel like slicing full size carrots. Just increase the steam time so the carrots are tender.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.