Vampire Halloween Cupcakes
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup melted margarine or butter
Butter Cream Frosting
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine - softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon to 2 milk
- 1 tube Red gel icing
Mix dry ingredients.
Add melted butter, vanilla, water and vinegar.
Place paper cupcake liners (I just love these Spooky Halloween ones
!) in cupcake pan.
Fill cupcake liners with batter using a cupcake scooper
Each liner should be 3/4 full.
Bake at 350 degrees for for 15 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
Allow to cool before frosting.
In a medium bowl, mix powdered sugar and butter with a mixer on low speed.
Stir in vanilla and 1 tablespoon of milk.
Gradually mix in additional tablespoon of milk until the frosting is smooth and spreadable.
If frosting is too thick, add more milk, a few drops at a time.
If frosting is too thin, gradually add small amounts of powdered sugar until thickened.
Spread frosting evenly over cooled cupcakes.
Using a toothpick, place two holes in each cupcake.
Place the tip of the red gel icing slightly in the hole and squeeze lightly until you have a dab of icing in the hold.
Use the tooth pick to drag the icing down onto the cupcake to look like dripping blood.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.