Chocolate and Pecan Brittle
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 2 sleeves of saltine crackers
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans - chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a large rimmed baking sheet.
Place crackers in a single layer, covering the entire baking sheet.
Boil butter and sugar for one minute; pour over crackers.
Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Remove from over and quickly place chocolate chips on top in a single layer.
As chocolate chips melt, spread into an even coating.
Refrigerate until hard (at least 30 minutes) and break into pieces.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.