Strawberry Amaretto Pastries
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time18 mins
Total Time38 mins
- 1/2 oz package frozen puff pastry sheets - thawed, 17.3, 1 sheet
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds - divided
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 oz container sour cream - 8
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip - thawed
- 12 large strawberries - sliced
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Unfold pastry dough onto baking sheet.
Finely chop 1/2 of the almonds and mix with granulated sugar.
Sprinkle evenly over dough and lightly press into dough.
Cut dough lengthwise into three even strips; cut strips crosswise into three strips. You should have 12 squares of dough.
Separate squares and place evenly over pan.
Bake 16-18 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
Remove to cooling rack and cool completely.
Place remaining almonds into small saute pan and toast over medium-high heat until lightly toasted. Cool completely and coarsely chop.
In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, confectioner's sugar and almond extract.
Gently fold in Cool Whip.
Split open each pastry square; arrange half of the strawberries on the bottom of each shell.
Top each with about 2 heaping tablespoons of the filling and sprinkle with chopped almonds.
Top with remaining strawberries.
Place tops of pastry shells over filling.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.