Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 hrs 10 mins
Total Time5 hrs 15 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine
- 3/4 cup cooking sherry - you can use additional Marsala wine if you don't have sherry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons flour
Spray the crock of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper; place chicken in an even layer in the slow cooker.
Top chicken with garlic and mushrooms.
Pour Marsala and sherry into the crock.
Cover and cook for 5 hours on low.
When ready to serve, melt butter in a medium sauce pan.
Add oregano to melted butter and stir for 30 seconds.
Whisk in flour to form a roux, about 30 seconds.
Remove chicken from slow cooker and transfer liquid to the saucepan with the roux.
Whisk until thickened slightly, about 1-2 minutes.
Add additional salt and pepper if needed.
Serve sauce over chicken and mushrooms.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.