Sausage and Egg Breakfast Taquitos
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 10 servings
- (1) 12 ounce package sausage links - pork or turkey
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tbsp Milk - just splash
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- (10) 6 inch white corn tortillas or flour tortillas
- 1 pinch Salt and Pepper to taste
Spray a sheet pan lightly with nonstick cooking spray and preheat oven to 425
Prepare sausage according to package directions and set aside
In a bowl crack 6 eggs, pour in a splash of milk and whisk together until well combined
Transfer to skillet and season with salt and pepper, scramble eggs cooked completely.
Place tortillas in microwave for ten seconds to warm them
Remove tortillas from microwave, and then stack on eggs, sausages and cheese.
Roll tortillas and place seam down on sheet pan
Bake at 425º for 10 - 15 minutes
If you want to freeze the taquitos allow them to cool completely and then place in a zip top freezer bag.
To reheat just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds.
These will also keep in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to seven days.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.