Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 2 scallion chopped - green onions
- 1 clove garlic
- Half a 14oz jar of roasted red peppers - drained
- 1 can chickpeas 15oz - drained, garbanzo
- 1/4 cup sesame paste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp peanut butter
- Salt - pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
Add garlic and scallion into blender, blend for 5 seconds
Add chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, peanut butter and blend until combined
Add roasted red peppers and blend to desired consistency (I like to have little chunks)
Add salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
Place in serving bowl or place in the fridge
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.