Roasted White Peaches and Ice Cream
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1 cup sugar - divided
- 1 lemon - zested
- 4 ripe but firm white peaches - halved, pitted
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tsp . baking soda
- 4 cups Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
Preheat oven to 425°F.
In a small bowl, whisk 3 tbs. sugar and lemon zest for about 1 minute, or until sugar is fragrant and moist.
Arrange peaches, cut side up, in a 13x9-inch baking dish.
Pour 2/3 cup water into dish.
Sprinkle lemon sugar mixture over peaches and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until peaches are slightly softened and have released their juices.
Meanwhile, lightly spray a small baking sheet with nonstick spray.
In a medium heavy saucepan over high heat, bring remaining sugar, honey, and 2 tbs. water to a boil, stirring constantly.
Reduce heat to medium-high and cook, without stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until a candy thermometer reaches 305°F.
Remove from heat and whisk in baking soda just until blended and mixture begins to bubble.
Gently pour hot mixture onto prepared baking sheet and cool.
Break honeycomb into small pieces and reserve in an airtight container.
Spoon 1/2 cup Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream into each of 8 bowls.
Top with warm roasted peaches and warm juices.
Sprinkle with honeycomb pieces and serve immediately.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.