Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Chill time3 d
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 12 pints
- 1 bunch of mint
- 2 59 oz containers limeade
- 375 ml Everclear (191 proof) - grain alcohol
- 1 cup light rum
- 1 batch simple syrup - recipe included
- 3 limes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 bunch of mint - roughly chopped or broken into large chunks
In a small saucepan, add sugar, water and mint; bring to a boil.
Boil for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved.
Allow to cool.
Strain mint pieces from liquid before using.
In a large stock pot or container add the mint and use the handle of a wooden spoon to smash or muddle it to release the oils.
Add limeade, Everclear, rum and simple syrup.
Add the juice of 3 limes and the lime halves to the container.
Cover and store in the refrigerator for 3 days.
After 3 days, remove moonshine and strain out the limes and mint pieces.
Ladle moonshine into clean mason jars, leaving a ½ inch head.
Place lids on jars and allow to sit in a cool, dry place for 1 month before enjoying.
Please enjoy responsibly.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.