Easy Breakfast Cookies
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 18 cookies
- 2 cups wheat flakes - crushed, such as Total or Wheaties
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine crushed cereal, flour, wheat germ, flax seed, brown sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon; stir to combine.
In a separate bowl, combine yogurt, applesauce, vanilla and the egg; stir to combine.
Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined; allow batter to sit for 2-3 minutes.
Drop by spoonfuls on a cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes or until set.
Recommended serving size is 2 cookies.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.