Caribbean Jerk Shrimp
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time7 mins
Total Time17 mins
- 1 teaspoon Jamaican Jerk spice - divided
- 12 raw shrimp - peeled and deveined with tails
- ¼ cup light beer
- ¼ cup Roma tomatoes - chopped
- 1 tablespoon green bell pepper - diced
- 2 teaspoons Serrano chili pepper - diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion - diced
- 1 scallion - chopped, greens and whites
- 2 cloves garlic - chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme - minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro - minced
- 4 tablespoons butter - melted
- 8-10 thyme sprigs
- 1 loaf of crusty bread
Preheat oven to 500ºF.
In a small bowl, toss shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon of Jamaican Jerk Seasoning; set aside.
In a cast iron skillet or other oven proof skillet, combine beer, tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, minced thyme and minced cilantro.
Add shrimp on top of vegetables and herbs.
Pour melted butter over top of the shrimp and top with Thyme sprigs.
Slice the bread and wrap it tightly in foil.
Bake shrimp and bread for 5-7 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked through.
Remove shrimp and bread from the over and serve immediately.
Copyright 2018 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.