Slow Cooker Garlic Thyme Chicken
Prep Time17 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 17 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 6 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
Spray the bottom of the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then layer in the bottom of the slow cooker.
In a small bowl, combine garlic, thyme, balsamic vinegar, and orange juice.
Pour mixture over chicken. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until chicken reaches 165 degrees on a food thermometer.
If desired, remove chicken from crock and pour remaining juices into small saucepan. Reduce the liquid by bringing to a rolling boil for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve sauce over chicken.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.