Slow Cooker Korean Beef Bowl
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 10 mins
- 3 pound boneless beef chuck roast - cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar - packed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup onion - minced
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 green onions - thinly sliced
Place beef and corn starch in a zip top bag; shake bag to evenly coat all of the meat.
In a small bowl, whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and rice wine vinegar.
Place beef and onions into slow cooker; stir to combine.
Cover and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
During the last 30 minutes of cooking, stir in garlic, grated ginger and pepper; cover and cook for 30 more minutes.
Serve over rice with green onions and sesame seeds as garnish.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- Make it healthier: Try using rice cauliflower for a delicious alternative.
- Squeeze a Lime: Serve my Slow Cooker Korean beef with a wedge of lime. The citrus kick at the end really brightens up the dish.
- Spice it up!: Add a little Chili Garlic sauce or other favorite flavor to give this dish a kick!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.