Slow Cooker Korean Beef
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 10 mins
- 3 pound boneless beef chuck roast - cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/8 cup corn starch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar - packed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup onion - minced
- 6 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 green onions - thinly sliced
Place beef and corn starch in a zip top bag; shake bag to evenly coat all of the meat.
In the bowl of your slow cooker, whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, ginger and white pepper.
Place beef, onions and garlic into slow cooker; stir to combine.
Cover and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
Serve over rice with green onions and sesame seeds as garnish.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.