Easy Turkey Chili
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 onion - diced
- 1 bell pepper - diced
- 1 teaspoon house seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 oz can Ro-Tel tomatoes and diced chilis - 10
- 1 oz can crushed tomatoes - 28
- 1 oz can kidney beans - 16
- 2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons house seasoning
Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium high heat.
Add turkey, onion and bell pepper and 1 teaspoon of House Seasoning; cook until turkey is cooked through and onions and peppers are softened.
Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
Drain off any excess fat.
Add Ro-Tel, crushed tomatoes and kidney beans; stir to combine.
Add taco seasoning, oregano, chili powder, sugar and remaining House Seasoning; stir to combine.
Reduce heat to medium and cook for 20 minutes.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.