3 Cheese White Lasagna
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 25 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds Italian sausage - casings removed and discarded
- 4 cloves large garlic - chopped
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 1 cup roasted red peppers - drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine - or chicken broth
- 1-10 oz package frozen chopped spinach - thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-15 oz container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 large egg - lightly beaten
- 2-17 oz jars Bertolli® Alfredo sauce
- 12 lasagna noodles - uncooked
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese - shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese - shredded
In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat.
Remove sausage from skillet and drain all but 1 tablespoon of drippings.
Add onion and garlic and saute until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
Stir in sausage, red peppers and wine.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until the liquid is reduced by half - about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together spinach, ricotta and next 3 ingredients.
Spread 1 cup Alfredo sauce in a greased 13x9x2 baking dish.
Layer four lasagne noodles on top of the sauce.
Spread half of the spinach mixture on top of the noodles and then layer half of the sausauge mixture on top.
Top with 1 cup of mozzarella.
Repeat layers - sauce, noodles, spinach mixture, sausage mixture, noodles.
Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
At this point it can be refrigerated overnight. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking.
Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour, uncovering during last 15 minutes of baking. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.