Cowboy Breakfast Sandwiches
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 4 Breakfast sausage patties - cooked
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- Salt and peper - to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter - divided
- Garlic butter - recipe below
- 4 slices Texas Toast
- 2 slices American cheese
- 1 stick unsalted butter - at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic - peeled
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half and salt and pepper.
Heat up a skillet over medium heat.
Melt 1 tablespoon of butter. When skillet is hot, add egg mixture.
Cook until set being careful not to over cook the eggs.
Spread garlic butter on one side of each slice of bread.
Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in the skillet or griddle.
Place each slice of bread, butter side down, in the skillet.
Place half of the eggs on one slice of bread and put the 2 sausage patties on the other slice. Repeat for the second sandwich.
When the Texas Toast is grilled, about 3-4 minutes, add 1 slice of cheese on top of the eggs. Carefully put together 1 slice of toast with eggs and 1 slice with sausage.
Repeat for second sandwich.
Place butter, salt and garlic in the bowl of a food processor.
Process until combined.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.