Lemon Pecan Sandwich Cookies
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time14 mins
Total Time44 mins
- 1 cup butter - room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter - room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese - room temperature
- 2 1/2 oz lemon curd
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
For the Lemon Pecan Cookies:
In a large bowl, beat butter and lemon zest until creamy.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, confectioners, sugar and cornstarch.
Add the dry ingredients, heavy cream, vanilla and pecans to butter mixture.
Beat until dough is well combined and forms a ball.
Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly flour work surface and roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
Use a 1 1/2 inch cookie cutter to form cookies.
Place cookies 1 inch apart on parchment lined baking sheets.
Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until set but not browned.
Cool for 2 minutes before removing cookies to wire racks to finish cooling.
For the Lemon Filling:
Add butter and cream cheese to bowl of a mixer and beat until creamy.
Add lemon curd and lemon extract; beat until combined.
Add confectioners sugar 1 cup at a time; beat until desired consistency.
Using an off set spatula, add about one tablespoon of frosting to one side of a cookie; top with another cookie.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.