Pumpkin Pie Spiced Walnuts
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time23 mins
Total Time33 mins
- 3 cups shelled walnut halves
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice - divided
- Dash of salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spread walnut halves on an un-greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes.
Combine sugar, water, Pumpkin Pie Spice and salt in a saucepan.
Cook over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves, stirring often.
Add walnuts and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat.
Spread walnuts on an un-greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
Remove from oven and toss with remaining teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice.
Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.